Bringing Vision To Life
Hi, I'm Daniel. For the first half of my professional life, I directed an arts-based public health program for young people in Brooklyn. I was also a storyteller and performance poet, including being a National Poetry Slam Champion, and an Artist in Residence at UC Santa Barbara.
Stemming from my work with youth and my poetry, I became fascinated with the ability that technology presented to communicate big ideas and be harnessed for social good. I received my Master's in Interactive Telecommunications at NYU, and began synthesizing my creative background with the technical skills of coding and design to provide clients simple, web-based solutions that share the story of who they are and what they offer the world.
I specialize in connecting your vision to the technology needed to make it real. Whether you have identified a feature on another website you want to replicate, or just know how you want people to feel when they visit your website, I have the technical and intuitive skills to make it happen.
I believe in making the web (and the world) a delightful place. I use the latest technologies and practices to create sustainable solutions. I write code that is elegant, concise, and easily maintained. I consider how the things we put into the world make people feel.
I am a productivity geek, and I practice many aspects of David Allen's Getting Things Done Methodology. I also use the Pomodoro Technique, Mind Maps, and wiki style notes to plan out my work at a high level and execute tasks on the ground.
- Technical, Academic, & Creative Writing
- Strategic Planning
- Systems Thinking & Organizational Mapping
- Content Creation & Design for the Web
- Data Visualization & Visual Storytelling
- Programming Text Animations
- Productivity Practices & Software
What I Do
- Build custom Wordpress websites for individuals or brands.
- Design custom kinetic text and text animations for the web.
- Create custom content including animations and interactivity for existing websites.
- Provide consultation on educational design, specializing in technology infused education.
- Make Concept Maps and shared mental models for strategic planning.
- Consultation on how technology (apps, coding, design, etc) could be used to improve your current brand/business with a custom proposal for the development and implementation of creative digital systems.
What They Say
"It was a pleasure working with Daniel on our website. FourthWrite was a new company at the time, and I appreciated how Daniel took to the time to understand our organizational goals so he could create the best possible site for us. Daniel balanced the look and function of our website in a way that allowed our current clients to easily access our services while providing an aesthetically pleasing webspace to share with potential clients and collaborators."
- Christopher Darby, Co-Founder FourthWrite
"Working with Daniel is like working with a trained internet tour guide. He understands technology, what it's used for and what it's capable of and he uses that knowledge to help you build a website that is no more and no less than exactly what you need. When I came to him with my ideas, he was open to them and encouraged me to show him other websites that I loved so he could get a sense of what I really wanted. Then he helped to make it happen, not just creating it for me, but walking me through the tools so I could be my own webmaster. Now I have a website that I love! Beyond being aesthetically clean, it is also easily updated and malleable."
- Lauren Whitehead, Writer-Performer-Dramaturg